Being originally from Salter, Egypt I am familiar and well versed in Islamic extremism. Militant suicide bombers carrying out malicious attacks on their countrymen is common place in much of Iraq. But I left Iraq this past December with a feeling of content and assurance. What I saw was a western phenomena extend across the ocean to the deserts of Iraq. I saw Iraqi militant teenagers put down their guns and explosives and take time out to be kids. What were they doing you might ask? Nothing. That’s right, nothing.
They were laying around, eating hummus, playing old American video games (mostly super Nintendo) and being lazy. It gave me optimism that the western lifestyle was taking control of a part of Iraqi youth. Imagine that, these kids before were yelling in the streets, firing their guns up into the Iraqi sky, and planning the next attack on American troops. Now they are playing NBA jams 95, super mario, and sleeping in until two in the afternoon. Thank you America and thank you for spreading your laziness and making these kids realize that no ambition is better than martyrdom.
- Saratoga County Man not impressed with Hudson area Long John Silvers
- Prostitutes, Sadomasochism and Nazi style role playing orgies….Like who hasn’t right?
- Year of the Purple Pirate……My other team
- Scientific Breakthrough!!
- This makes me want to drink milk and beer!!
- The Holy Grail of Jim Boeheim….Singing country music with a mustache in the early 80’s
- Who are you? Why do you come for me Direct TV girl?
- Is this my favorite video of all time? Why indeed it is!
- Can I get a caption?
- Onondaga County and Syracuse Chiefs are BFF’s